Monday, July 12, 2010

i need a little organization in my life

thanks to an idea i got from my sister in law several years ago i finally decided to organize my growing pile of jewelry.
i have so many necklaces, earrings and bracelets that i never wear and it drives me nuts.
because of that i don't like to buy new jewelry since i don't wear the jewelry that i already have. not only do i not wear it, but i hardly even know what jewelry i have.


a couple of years ago, when i was at my brother and sister in laws house i saw her unique way of hanging her jewelry so she could see it all at one time and not have it getting all tangled in a pile.
today i had had enough! i first started by cleaning the messy shelf in my bathroom, where everything kind of just gets thrown. i then took on the task of organizing my jewelry.


i first had to get out eric's electric drill and put in a couple of screws in our bathroom wall. i next took a piece of twine, doubled up, and tied each end to one of the screws. the next step was to wade through all my jewelry, untangle a few pieces and hang the earrings on the top piece of twine and the necklaces on the bottom piece. I was so excited to finally be able to see all of my jewelry at the same time...time to accessorize!

Now for the next project...cleaning out my closet...better go get busy!

No comments: