Saturday, July 2, 2011

gentle and humble in heart...

"Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls.

For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

(Matthew 11:28-30)

WOW! These verses really encouraged me this morning. What an amazing, precious promise.

As I was reading them I sat and remembered all those times when I am mentally beating myself up for some unfaithful act on my part towards the Lord.

Whether it is an act of laziness regarding my personal quiet time or a judgmental attitude towards an individual or maybe some selfish thought about what another person has that I feel I deserve more than they do.

It is after these sinful and unrighteous actions that I begin to 'beat myself up'.
I ask God why He would even consider forgiving me? After all, I commit the same offense over and over again. Why would such a faithful and perfect God 'save a wretch like me'?

Then these verses reminded me...

"...I am gentle and humble in heart..."

Thank You, Jesus.

I need a gentle and humble Savior. One who forgives me over and over again. A Master who grants rest for my weary sinful soul. A loving Father who does not condemn me, but instead sees me clothed in the pure white righteousness of His son, Jesus Christ.

So the next time I begin to get down on myself or become discouraged for not spending time faithfully with the Lord or sitting around being lazy instead of cherishing those special times with gemma...

Instead of becoming discouraged I will ask the Lord to, again, gently remind me that He faithfully loves and restores me back to a personal and intimate relationship with Him.

No comments: