Saturday, May 16, 2009

Still Small Voice

Then He said, " Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord." And behold, a strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake;
and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire;
and after the fire...a STILL SMALL VOICE!!!
I kings 19:11-12
Isn't God great!!! How awesome He is. So often we just keep talking and talking. We want God to 'speak to us', but we don't give Him a chance. We talk and wait expecting Him to shout above us or to speak His meassage or will for us through an earthquake or a fire. However, we just need to be still. God doesn't speak through those means often times. He will usually speaks in a still small voice inside of us, through His Spirit.
Be still, and know that I am God;I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!
psalm 46:10
I was so encouraged to read these verses the other day. I encourage you to sit and listen for God's leading. Don't do all the talking let Him speak to you through His still small voice...

1 comment:

Tessa's Mommy said...

thanks sarah! God used your words as a gentle reminder for me. Love you!