Thursday, October 15, 2009

i've got georgia on my mind...and cheerleading

YAY!! Eric and I leave for Georgia today...in 4 1/2 hours to be exact.
This is kind of a spur of the moment trip. A few weeks ago I was talking to Eric's sister J, on the the phone. She is a cheerleader...I was a cheerleader all through high school, so cheerleading really excites me. I Love It! Anything cheerleading. I was actually thinking of hanging up pompoms in our office , but thought that might be a little extreme. Okay, so maybe I didn't, but you get the idea.
And no, I don't think that cheerleading is a sport, UNLESS they compete. But let me just say this, it isn't as easy as it looks.
Anyway, she was telling me about her games and practices and I was so sad, because I knew that Eric and I wouldn't be able to watch her cheer, not even practice. After I got off the phone I put on my best 'please-honey-I-will-love-you-forever' expression and asked Eric if we could use our travel money and fly down to see his family in Georgia, and...since we are going to fly down there, we might as well pick a weekend that J is having a home game so we can watch her cheer!! What a great idea, huh? Well, I thought it was and obviously Eric thought so too because he said 'Yes!'
So, as of two weeks ago when I got online and bought round trip plane tickets from Branson to Georgia, and as of last night when we put all of our liquids into 3 oz. containers, (which by the way, I discovered you can use just about any 3 oz container as long as you rinse it out well enough from its previous contents)and as of this morning, when I printed off our boarding passes we are officially flying to Georgia.
I'll be honest, I am extremely grateful that we are not driving, not that I don't appreciate the 12 hours there plus 12 hours back, but what a relief. And just a side note...this will be the first time that Eric and I have flown together since our honeymoon. I can hardly wait.
For real, I love cheerleading. Rah Rah (who says rah rah when the cheer, really?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun and say hi to everyone for us!