Friday, February 5, 2010

pancake burrito

I have said it before and I will say it again...I am married to a wonderful man.

Fridays are his days off from the restaurant but I still have to get up as usual. Usually on his days off he will sleep in..makes sense...

Today was little bit different, however. Instead of sleeping in he got up early and made me breakfast. Isn't he sweet.

I got all ready for the day and as I went into the kitchen I saw that he had made me a pancake and sausage. It was not just any pancake...I came to discover that he was planning on making it into a burrito pancake. ya know, stick the sausage inside the pancake with a little cheese and roll it up for a beautiful burrito.

Not that I didn't think it would taste good, but I told him I would just prefer to eat the pancake and sausage seperately. He obliged and dished up my plate...

yummm....looks good, huh?


I buttered up my pancake...smothered it with syrup...and took a big bite... At first all I could taste was the maple syrup, then the taste of the pancake came out... I think I would have preferred it not...YIKES!

"ummm, Babe? I think something is wrong with this."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it doesn't taste very good. Do you want to try it?"

*takes a big bite*

"WOW...that is the nastiest pancake I have ever tasted!" *runs to the sink and spits it out*

See, he wanted it to be more of a burrito so he added a little (lot) extra salt to the pancake batter.

Poor Eric... "Thanks so much for the thought ...you are so sweet to have made me breakfast..anyway the sausage is really good!"

p.s. Eric decided to make up the rest of the pancake batter and give it to Jack...I don't know if he will eat though.

2 comments:

The Haskell Family said...

That's so funny! At least he tried. :)

Unknown said...

Loved the blog update.