Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Underground Excursion


Last night we had some pretty bad weather. Eric and I just finished watching a movie and I noticed that it was lightning and thundering outside. Well, ever since we have moved in to this trailer I always get a little nervous during storms, just thinking we might blow away or something...nothing too serious. Anyway, we turned on the weather and saw that there was a tornado warning for our county. "Eric, we have to go under the house." And Eric being the thoughtful husband that he is said that we could go down there and wait out the storm. So off we trudged in our pj's to the underside of our landlady's house. Jack, of course, came with us. We brought a flashlight and my cell phone. As you can see in the pictures the set up isn't ideal, but it works. Jack had a great time exploring/eating all the stuff underneath the house, ya know like insulation and old matches that don't work anymore. We sat there for about 40 minutes, until about 12AM. I proceeded to call my dad so he could check their TV to see if the storm had passed yet. Thanks dad for being our storm radio. He said everything looked okay.
We then made our way back into our trailer which was still intact and in good condition. Whew...glad that adventure is over.
Eric and I took a photo after we got back inside, even though I thought it would have been fun to be able to take a picture while we were actually under the house.

1 comment:

Tessa's Mommy said...

LOL!!! I am glad you guys are okay! I am so glad you didn't have a "Wizard of Oz" moment...that would be bad...Jack is getting big!