Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Family Fun...

Life has been keeping busy for Eric and I. We spend most of our weekdays working and as I mentioned before we spend many evenings at the lake.
One thing that we are blessed with is to live very close to some of our family. My parents live close by and so do my brother and sis-in-law. We have a great time with them many evenings of the week. One of the very best things is, with my brother and sis living so close, that also means that my two wonderful nephews live close by too and we get to play with and visit with them all the time!!!

Eric and I both feel as though God has allowed us to live close by (for many reasons), but one of the very important reasons is that we have been able to watch how R and A raise their children. We are blessed by them probably more than they know and we probably watch them alot more than they realize...not in a stalker way ;)
Something about living close to family, is that it makes you realize how much you miss when you have family that lives so far away. It is hard not being able to see them whenever you want or getting to know them the way you would like.
But, Eric and I have talked on several occasions just how Good God is!! We both have a loving family who prays for us and supports us.
We love each one of our nephews, Nolan, Shiloh, Cy, and Eli...we love our niece-to-be and our other nephew/niece(?)-to-be. We love the oppurtunities to spoil them, whether they are ten miles away or ten hundred miles away! (Although we prefer the latter)
We are so thankful for our parents who have raised us to love the Lord and live our lives for Him.
We can't begin to say how thankful we are for siblings, for all the arguments that are under the bridge, they are always there and for that we are so thankful.
Well...this wasn't intended to be a sentimental post, but I just couldn't help it... We love our family and I just wanted them (and everyone else) to know that!!!

3 comments:

The Haskell Family said...

I love your new post! I'll be honest, it made me tear up a little! I really miss being there, but I'm so thankful to be able to stay caught up with what's going on with you. Love you sis! Can't wait to see you soon!

RANCM+1 said...

Okay that made me cry and Sarah we are glad that you and Eric are around as well. And I too wish that everyone could be so close, but I am glad that we all get along and have great times visiting!! Love you guys!

Anneke said...

We love you too!!! Can't wait to see everyone again. :)