Friday, September 24, 2010

the lost is found...what was, is no more

YES!!!
even though this is not the original ring, it is the exact replica (a size smaller, so it won't be flying off my finger into the lake any time soon...and if i ever wear my rings to the lake again, someone just hit me up-side the head.)
you might remember this post from last summer. what a sad, sad day when i lost my beautiful engagement ring.
so yesterday when eric surprised me by getting down on one knee and pulling out a ring box, i couldn't believe it. i just kept saying, 'this had better not be a joke... is this for real?!'
and YES!!! it was...not a joke, i mean.

so...even though the lost really wasn't found, the lost was replaced!!! it is a beautiful, same as my real engagement ring replica, and i couldn't be happier.
okay, so i could be just a little bit happier...

my dear husband called me from work the other day and said calmly, 'ummm, babe, i can't find my wedding ring.' nope, not even kidding. so we are now in the beginning process of trying to find his ring/maybe having to get him a new one. thankfully his is not quite as expensive as mine was. but i had better get it fast, because he already had one lady ask him if he was married so she could bring her niece in for him to meet. good thing he has a tan line where his ring used to be...he can just show them that for now.
so the lost has been found/replaced, and what was, i am sad to say is no more...until i get him another one.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for getting a new ring!! gorgeous! :)
i feel like i lost mine - took it in last night to get sautered together and I am ringless these last 3 weeks before the wedding!

DeWeese Fam of Four said...

Sarah, Shane has misplaced his so many times too! We have a friend who actually got a tatoo for his wedding band after loosing his 4x! I looked into it for Shane ;) Guess what it only costs about $40 for a wedding band tatoo! So now that is my threat if he ever really looses it... he can replace it with a tat!

Rachel said...

We just talked about this Sarah!!!! I'm excited that he surprised you! He was right there and didn't say anything! You have to be extra careful from now on!

Julie Boston said...

Maybe you guys should just get ring tattoos. lol Would save alot of money haha.