Friday, August 7, 2009

The Bottom of Davy Jones' Locker

What a lovely day it was to take a trek to the lake with the Youth Group. But what started as a lovely afternoon turned into a search for something beautiful... Yes, my lovely engagement ring. We were all playing ball in the water when I jumped up to get it as it was thrown my way. Much to my horrific surprise I felt a small thing fly off my finger and quickly looked down at my hand. Yes, all that was left was my wedding band.

I stood still and said..."guys, my ring just flew off." The kids, trying to be helpful quickly grabbed their goggles and began a search for my missing merchandise. To our dismay and my chagrin their was no ring to be found.

I had given up hope. Until a few hours later after I had gotten home my dad called and says..." Sarah, I can rent a scuba tank...do you want to see if we can take that out to the lake and find it?"

"Of course!"

So my lovely friends and family...Dad, Eric, and Jeff G., made our way back to the lake to see if we could find the general area where we had been playing ball and look for my lost ring.





An hour passed...and absolutely nothing.

As the sun began to set and it slipped down over the horizon


The three divers and myself gave up and said farewell to my dear engagement ring



...as it now lies on the bottom of Davy Jones' Locker.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

You lost your ring?!?! When? Oh no!

The Haskell Family said...

Oh Sarah! We're sooo sad! Julie and I just read your entry! I love you if that helps any! :)

The Haskell Family said...

Did you lose your engagement ring or wedding ring?

Anneke said...

I'm so sad for you!!! Izaak found his wedding ring a few months after it went missing... who knows?