Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Running & Swimming & Fetch, Oh My

So I have been feeling very lazy these last few months. So after getting myself motivated decided it would be a good idea to start running again
As mentioned several times in the past we live right next to the lake. And beside this lake there is a beautiful trail that goes along beside it. This is actually the same path that Eric and I took our roller blading adventure on.

Anyway...as I said I have been feeling very lazy, exercise wise, so I decided to start running again.

Right after getting off of work, I dash home, change, grab my free IPod, get Jack's leash, put Jack in the car and head off to the lake. When we get there I run the trail with Jack, so far only going a mile and a half each time. (Hopefully I will get up to the whole 5 mile trail eventually.)
After we are done running Jack and I go down to the lake, do a quick lap to the bouy to cool off and cool down. I then convince myself that I feel bad for Jack that I dragged him with me to go running. So I play a quick game of fetch with him. Then we are off to our lovely home before my hubby even gets home from work.

It has been wonderful. I forgot how much I enjoy running.


When I took these pictures, good ole' Jack just kept sitting there giving me these pathetic looks, like, "are we done yet." I am just practicing for when I have kids, trying to get them to sit still.

2 comments:

The Haskell Family said...

You're so cute! Way to be motivated! :) After I'm done cleaning, I'm going to be motivated to workout too. :) Love you! I can't wait to see you this weekend! Yippee!

Anneke said...

i like those pictures...it makes me want to get a dawg...zeke