Thursday, August 20, 2009

There's Room For Everything In This World

Okay...So if you haven't ever seen the old Disney movie, 'Pete's Dragon' then you cannot truly appreciate the title of this post. But appreciate it or not, that is just the thing to say when referring to Eric and my single wide trailor.
When we were first married we, of course, like most newly married couple (yes, I am aware that many of you would say we are still newly married) needed to find furniture to put into our quaint little home. Since Eric had been at college and living in the dorms for 4 years he had acquired some pieces. One being a cushioned rocking, arm chair. And another being a very old couch. (if you have ever been to our trailor you know that sitting on this couch can be hazardous.) It was fairly comfortable besides the fact that you had to get about every fifteen minutes or so to push the cushion back against the back of the couch.
side note: I did scrub this lovely couch after we moved in, since it had been in a boys dorm for a few years.
Anyway, we had this wonderful tan/peach couch for our first year and enjoyed the time that it spent in our living room.
About two weeks ago R and A asked if we would like to have the couch that is in their basement. It was a lot bigger then our couch, but Eric and I figured we could measure it and see if it would fit. Well, since we didn't have a measuring tape (or we were too lazy to get one out) we proceeded to measure by me, laying stretched beside the couch then going home and laying against the wall to see if it would fit. We both decided to try bringing it home.
Thanks to the help of R and J we were able to get our dormitory loveseat from the college days moved out and put the fullsized couch into our small little trailor (is that repetitive, small & little?)
And, as Eric went off to work one day, I got started on the task of making this new couch of ours fit into our small living room. After much deliberation, and pushing a pulling I was able to find the perfect place for our beautiful new-to-us couch.
I even have a small side table to put between our couch and chair. Eric let me buy a new lamp too so when we have people over they can actually tell that the 'side table' is a side table. (which is actually just a small little (there I go again) box I got for Christmas one year)

Are you waiting on baited breath to discover what this new arrangment looks like... and of course, me being the picture freak that I am and always having my camera with me surely took pictures.
The answer, yes, I did. But my wonderful husband, who sells things on Ebay and Amazon as a side business, used my camera to take pictures of things to sell and deleted all the pictures off of it. Which, by the way, I said he could. So, tonight when I get home, I will proceed to take a few pictures of our new living room.
And if possible I will get a picture of our old couch too, which is now sitting in the parking lot of a thrift store in town so some unsuspecting individual can buy this grand, boys dorm loveseat without even knowing the hazards that it will present to them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! This is a funny story. I'm glad you have a couch you like a little more. Seth & I just sold our not-so-favorite couch on craigslist and are saving up for one we like. Aw--one of the many pleasures of being newly married--random pieces of furniture!

I can't wait to see the pictures!

Rachel said...

My favorite line- "Eric let me buy a new lamp" Did A notice this?

Rachel said...

My favorite line- "Eric let me buy a new lamp" Did A notice this?