Tuesday, August 11, 2009

prayer.will.change.lives.

How often do I take advantage of the fact that I can come before an Almighty God and bring my requests to Him?
Isn't it awesome that we, as Christians can offer our requests to God, lay our burdens at His feet, and know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God hears, knows, and is in absolute control of every situation. I have been challenged over these last few days to take advantage of the fact that...
...Jesus Christ is my great high priest. He goes before the throne for me.
When words are not enough, Jesus pleads for me;
what I cannot say, He says;
when I can only look down in shame, he lifts me up and shows me grace!
Not only have I been challenged in my prayers for my own spiritual growth...what about my prayers lifted up on others behalf.
On many occasions Eric and I have discussed our prayer life. It is both of our prayer that we, as Christians, first and foremost, but as individuals and as a couple would lift up the lives of those around us. What better way to build up those in the church or to bring in those who are not a part of the church.
Prayer will change lives!

Colossians 4:2-
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an encouragement your blogspot is. It certainly is a boost to my spirit. Thanx Sarah, you do such a super job.